The New Year is upon us and, as usual, the number one resolution is to get fitter, healthier and lose weight. The number one way to lose weight is by looking at what types of food we put into our bodies. We need to ask ourselves if we are getting the right nutrients that will shape our bodies well. If not we not only have to look at the food we ingest but the accompanying supplements that will boost our health. For example, if someone doesn't eat enough berries, they should consider adding a raspberry ketone supplement to their diet.
Looking at the food though, it’s a New Year, an opportunity to be a new you, why not delve into the kitchen and look what you can cook up to make healthy, nutritious food that will satisfy you on all levels.
Fill Me Up Salad
The problem with many of the salads that we eat is that we still feel hungry afterward, they simply don’t fill us up enough. The key to this lies in two departments - both the ingredients we put in the salad as well as the salad dressing. The salad not only needs to be voluminous to fill us up but also, very importantly, needs to be tasty. The following salad recipe fills all those credentials:
- Big block of gorgonzola/feta cheese cut up in blocks
- Rocket leaves
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 3 Figs
- 500g smoked salmon/grilled/baked turkey breast
- Cup of strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Wash the rocket leaves and pat dry with a paper towel and place at the bottom of a big dish.
- Cut up the figs into quarters and place into salad dish.
- Throw the cashew nuts into the dish.
- Cut up the smoked salmon/turkey breast and spread in the salad.
- Cut up the strawberries and throw into the salad.
- Cut the avocado into cubes, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon over it and place in the salad.
- Cover the top of the salad with the cheese and sprouts.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar with the brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle over the salad.
This delicious salad has a ton of healthy ingredients and is tasty beyond belief. It is great on its own or you can accompany it with a warm whole-wheat bun that can be dipped in extra-virgin olive oil.
Simple And Easy Tilapia Fillets
Tilapia is a delicious fish that many people opt for because it fits their budget really well. You can make a really delicious meal with Tilapia and it’s super simple.
- 500g Tilapia Fillets
- Slices of lemon
- Garlic Cloves
- Extra -virgin olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Tin Foil
- Rub the tilapia fillets with the oil and cover each side with a pinch of salt.
- Cut the garlic cloves into slices and place into slits inside the fish.
- Cover the fish with a few slices of lemon
- Cover each piece separately in tin foil
- Place into the oven for 38 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
This meal is delicious when accompanied by healthy steamed broccoli and new baby potatoes.
Healthy New Year Recipes Are Just A Click Away
With this new year all you need do is take a little bit of time to research beautiful and healthy recipes and by day 365 you will truly be a healthier and slimmer version of yourself!