Insomnia may be called an invisible epidemic. More than 25% of people in the United States report periods of insufficient sleep, while 10% suffer from long-term insomnia. Insomnia is associated with many chronic and debilitating conditions including diabetes, depression and heart disease (1). Other symptoms of insomnia include depression, anxiety lack of focus and irritability.
Insomnia has many causes that vary by age and gender. They include the following (2):
- Mental Health Concerns - Depression, anxiety and stress can all make falling and remaining asleep difficult.
- Medical Conditions - Medical problems are common causes of insomnia. Chronic pain, diabetes, acid reflux and asthma are only a few of the many conditions that can negatively impact sleep.
- Lifestyle Choices - Eating too much too late and consuming excess caffeine can make sleep difficult. Nicotine and alcohol may also disrupt sleep patterns. Other potential problems include watching television or playing video games directly before bed.
- Medications - Some prescription drugs including those for asthma, depression and blood pressure may make sleep difficult. Over the counter products such as medicines for pain, weight loss and cold relief can also contribute to insomnia.
- Age-related Changes - Changing sleep patterns, a decrease in social and physical activity, and chronic conditions such as arthritis create problems with sleep.
- Female Insomnia - Women are more likely than men to suffer from insomnia due to hormonal fluctuations (3).
There are many potential solutions for sleep troubles, including (4):
- Keep a Schedule - This means going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, even on weekends or days off. This helps to keep body's clock running smoothly.
- Don't Nap - As pleasant as they can be, naps can disrupt the sleep schedule.
- Choose a Proper Time for Exercise - Exercise can greatly improve sleep, but working out right before bed may make falling asleep difficult.
- Create a Good Sleep Environment - Make sure your bedroom is conducive to sleep. Eliminate light, block sound with white noise and reduce distractions such as video games, television and other electronic devices.
- Change Your Habits - Quit smoking. Among its other nefarious effects, smoking can interfere with sleep. Eat only a light meal at night and limit evening consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
Sometimes these changes are not enough. Many people turn to medication. Unfortunately, prescription sleep aids have many dangers including addiction and rebound insomnia. A natural approach is better and one such approach is InsoRelief which we review here.
1. InsoRelief: Ingredients and Dosage
Every element in InsoRelief's largely plant-based formula meets the standards of United States Pharmacopeia-National Formulary for purity and strength. The product itself is made in the United States in a factory that is both FDA registered and cGMP certified.
- L-ornithine - This amino acid helps reduce the effects of stress and make sleep sounder and more refreshing. InsoRelief is rare, if not unique, in including it.
- Valerian Root - The root of this aromatic plant is thought to have sedative effects and reduce anxiety.
- Chamomile - This plant with pretty, daisy-like flowers has a long history as a traditional medicine for anxiety and sleeplessness.
- Passionflower Extract - The beautiful passionflower is known for its antidepressant, antianxiety and soporific properties.
- Lemon Balm Extract - This extract enhances the calming effects of other herbs such as chamomile and valerian while possessing sleep-inducing properties of its own.
- Hops Flower - Hops flowers help bring sleep on and combine well with valerian for a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Taurine - This amino acid helps calm the nervous system and reduce stress for better sleep.
- Magnolia Bark - Long used in China, magnolia bark reduces stress to help promote sleep.
- Jujube Seed - Another traditional Chinese remedy for easing stress and bringing sleep.
- Reishi Mushroom - A popular Chinese treatment thought to combat insomnia.
- Melatonin - Melatonin is known as the "sleep hormone" and promotes deep, restful sleep.
The manufacturer suggests that adults take two to four capsules one hour before bedtime. Because the ingredients are pure, natural and nonaddictive, InsoRelief is safe for long-term use.
2. InsoRelief: Price and Purchasing
A chronic inability to sleep is both frustrating and demoralizing. It is imperative to have an adequate supply of a real solution. InsoRelief makes this possible by providing bulk discounts for long-term users. Single bottles are available for trying the supplement for the first time.
At the time of writing, the prices were as follows: one bottle for $49.95, two for $69.90, three $99.85, four $111.80, and five for $124.75. The best deal was the six-bottle pack which at $139.80 represents a savings of $26.00 a bottle.
To protect its relationship with the consumer and provide knowledgeable customer service InsoRelief sells only through its secure website. It accepts major credit cards as well as payment through PayPal and Amazon. Shipping is via the United States Post Office for regular delivery or the consumer may choose either UPS or FedEx for expedited arrival.
3. InsoRelief: Guarantee and Feedback
In general, a good guarantee means a good product. The InsoReleif guarantee is good indeed. If consumers are unhappy for any reason, they may return InsoRelief within 60 days of purchase to receive a full refund. This policy applies to opened as well as unopened bottles, a rarity in the industry. Since unopened bottles have no resale value, many producers will not accept them. This policy reflects InsoRelief's concern for customer satisfaction.
Reviewers praised InsoRelief's natural ingredients and suitability for long-term use. They found their sleep was longer, deeper and more restful. Many felt that it greatly improved the overall quality of their lives.
4. Summary of Our Consumer Health InsoRelief Review
InsoReleif impressed us. Its natural ingredients include elements to treat and prevent insomnia on many levels while addressing anxiety, depression and unwanted wakefulness. It contains no artificial colorants, flavorings or fillers. The FDA registered and cGMP certified factory is located in the United States which assures us that customers are receiving the strongest, safest and purest product available. Purchasing is safe and simple and bulk options offer money-saving opportunities. Finally, the InsoRelief money-back guarantee removes all financial risk in purchasing and trying the product. We recommend InsoRelief for the prevention and treatment of insomnia.